To ensure all our digital users have the most pleasant online experience we track certain information across the website in order to improve all the time.
(In accordance with The Protection of Personal Information Act. No. 4 of 2013)
- We respect your privacy and will take reasonable measures to protect it, as more fully detailed below.
- Should you decide to register as a user on the Website or make use of our instore services, we may require you to provide us with personal information which includes but is not limited to –
- your name and surname;
- your email address;
- your physical address;
- your mobile number;
- Should your personal information change, please inform us in writing providing us with updates to your personal information as soon as reasonably possible to enable us to update your personal information.
- You have the right to request a copy of your personal information we have on our records and the right to withdraw your consent for us to process your information.
- You may choose to provide additional personal information to us, in which event you agree to provide accurate and current information, and not to impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything.
- StableGate does not knowingly collect or process any Special Personal Information such as religious or philosophical beliefs, race, ethnic origins, trade union memberships, etc
- To make a request regarding your personal information, please contact email@example.com
- Subject to clause 2.3 below, we will not, without your express consent:
- use your personal information for any purpose other than as set out below:
- in relation to the ordering, sale and delivery of Goods;
- to contact you regarding current or new Goods or services or any other goods offered by us or any of our divisions, affiliates and/or partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us);
- to inform you of new features, special offers and promotional competitions offered by us or any of our divisions, affiliates and/or partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material from us); and
- to improve our product selection and your experience on our Website by, for example, monitoring your browsing habits, or tracking your sales on the Website; or
- disclose your personal information to any third party other than as set out below:
- to our appointed employees and/or third party service providers who assist us to interact with you via our Website, email or any other method, for the ordering of Goods or when delivering Goods to you, and thus need to know your personal information in order to assist us to communicate with you properly and efficiently;
- to law enforcement, government officials, fraud detection agencies or other third parties when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report or support the investigation into suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of these Terms and Conditions.
- to our service providers (under contract with us) who help with parts of our business operations (fraud prevention, marketing, technology services etc). However, our contracts dictate that these service providers may only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit;
- to our suppliers, should they need to liaise directly with you regarding any faulty Goods you have purchased which requires their involvement; and
- We are entitled to use or disclose your personal information if such use or disclosure is required in order to comply with any applicable law, subpoena, order of court or legal process served on us, or to protect and defend our rights or property. In the event of a fraudulent online payment, StableGate is entitled to disclose relevant personal information for criminal investigation purposes or in line with any other legal obligation for disclosure of the personal information which may be required of it.
- We will ensure that all our employees, third party service providers, divisions, affiliates, and partners (including their employees and third-party service providers) having access to your consented personal information are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality obligations in relation to your personal information.
- use your personal information for any purpose other than as set out below:
Ratings and Reviews:
- When you provide a rating or review of a Product, you consent to us using that rating or review as we deem fit, including without limitation on the Website, in newsletters or other marketing material. The name that will appear next to that rating or review is your First Name, as you would have provided upon registration. If you do not agree to this, please do not put any ratings or reviews on the Website. We will not display any of your contact details, with a rating or review.
- We will –
- treat your personal information as strictly confidential, save where we are entitled to share it as set out in this policy.
- take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
- provide you with access to your personal information to view and/or update personal details;
- promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of your personal information;
- provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable notice and request; and
- upon your request, promptly return or destroy any and all of your personal information in our possession or control, save for that which we are legally obliged to retain.
- We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally needed, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent to us retaining such information for a longer period.
- StableGate undertakes never to sell or make your personal information available to any third party other than as provided for in this policy.
- We have employed and enrolled the industry standard and/or generally accepted security measures designed to secure the integrity and confidentiality of all information submitted through our services online and in store. However, the security of information transmitted through the internet or via a mobile device can never be 100% guaranteed. We are not responsible for any interception or interruption of any communications through the internet of for the changes to or losses of data.
- Users of our services are responsible for maintaining the security of any password, user ID or any other form of authentication involved in obtaining access to the password protected or secure services of our website, online store or other secure service areas. To protect you and your information, we may suspend your use of services, without notice, pending investigation if any breach of security is suspected.
- Whilst we will do all things reasonably necessary to protect your rights of privacy, we cannot guarantee or accept any liability whatsoever for unauthorised or unlawful disclosures of your personal information, whilst in our possession, made by third parties who are not subject to our control, unless such disclosure is a direct result of our gross negligence.
- Children’s Privacy: By using the Website or in store services you warrant that you are 18 (eighteen) years of age or older and of full legal capacity. If clients are under the age of 18 (eighteen) and are not legally permitted to enter into a binding agreement, then they may use the Website only with direct involvement, supervision and consent of a parent or legal guardian. Parent/s or legal guardian must give his/her consent, then such person agrees to be bound to these Terms and Conditions and to be liable and responsible for all obligations under StableGate’s Privacy policies and trading terms and conditions.
Linking to third party websites
- This Website may contain links or references to other websites (“Third Party Websites”) which are outside of our control, including those of advertisers/ suppliers etc.. These Terms and Conditions do not apply to those Third Party Websites and StableGate is not responsible for the practices and/or privacy policies of those Third Party Websites or the “cookies” that those sites may use.
- Notwithstanding the fact that the Website may refer to or provide links to Third Party Websites, your use of such Third Party Websites is entirely at your own risk and we are not responsible for any loss, expense, claim or damage, whether direct, indirect or consequential, arising from your use of such Third Party Websites or your reliance on any information contained thereon.